Help for family and friends
If you are a caregiver for a spouse, older family member or friend, you may be looking for direction and support in helping to best meet his or her needs. Eastern Area Adult Services is here to help you.
An important starting point is to identify the type and degree of assistance that someone may need. To do that, simply review the following list of questions. If you answer Yes to any of the questions, a call to Eastern Area Adult Services can help to determine what services may be of help.
- Is the home usually cluttered and/or not clean?
- Does the person's hygiene seem neglected - dirty clothing, body odor, difficulty getting to the bathroom?
- Has there been a noticeable weight loss?
- When you check the person's medications, does it appear as though she/he may be skipping doses or perhaps taking too much or too little?
- Is the person unsteady and at risk of falling? Are bruises visible?
- Are stacks of unopened mail and/or unpaid bills visible?
- Does the person have difficulty following a conversation?